Friday 27 April 2012

Sneak peek 2 - a whole new wild wolf, French style

Well, the feedback from my loyal French art director was that the wolves in my first roughs weren't  quite scary enough for small kids.  They want a thrill...at least in France they do.  Which is fun, so I'm working on scaring kids some more. 
Here's wild Mrs Wolf admiring her new born.  Our little hero looks like he's got what it takes, she believes, to a Big Bad Wolf one day, just like Grandpa. 


And here  - almost done but... is a colour version of the rough I showed in my previous post, where Dad Wolf is showing his son how to be a Big Bad hunter.    
I'm still working on the look and feel of all this, 3 weeks before the final deadline. Back to work asap!

8 comments:

Tioka + Nicolas said...

Lovely!

John Shelley said...

Lovely characters Bridget
Are these final images?

Candy Gourlay said...

oooh! oooh! fab wolves! i wanna read the book!

Candy Gourlay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridget Marzo said...

Thanks folks! They aren't quite finished John - so any suggestions welcome. And they are for a picture-book length Bayard magazine. It has a bigger circulation than most books if not the longevity.

Jocelyne Marque said...

De belles illustrations pour faire frisonner les enfants !

Sue Porter said...

I just adore your wolves and Mum DOES have a glint of 'BAD WOLF'. It's in the mouth, I think. Perfect.

Bridget Marzo said...

Thanks everyone. I've just sent off the final, final pics - so if you want to play Spot the Difference, look at my next post. You'll see Sue that I felt I had to give mum Wolf a bit of a chin lift under that mouth!